Tuesday, December 12, 2006


Maj. Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson ...10"x 8" ...oil on board 2006

Read a book by Frank E. Vandiver called Mighty Stonewall. I've painted this portrait of him from the picture that was taken two weeks before his death. One of the legendary general of confederate army that Lee couldn't do without until his death in May of 1863. Shot by his own man during reconaissance stroll with his staff in the cover of darkness at Chancellorsville he was mortally wounded and died 8 days later. It was very intrigue and fasinating read. I will be painting more of American Civil War images. What a amazing time that was.

4 comments:

Jennifer McChristian said...

Wow! I see you've done some changes and updating on your blog.
It looks great and your paintings are GORGEOUS!!

kee said...

Thanks Jennifer.

william wray said...

This is a cool theam. I'd like to see more.

kee said...

Will, Thanks.
I am planning to do a series of American Civil War.